Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass iLO PORT

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Clearpass iLO PORT

Posted 8 days ago

Hi,

I'm thinking of performing a 6.11 upgarde via  iLO port and install the file from my local machine rather than physically connect to server and use the usb. just wondering if anyone can advise how to get to system utilities form remote console? I can see some virtual power buttons but not sure which one to choose (sorry I'm not really familiar with iLO portal)

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass iLO PORT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Note that iLO based install with install file being in a remote machine will cause the installation to be reaaaaallly slooow. I would recommend using a USB / physical disk. On remote console you have to interrupt the boot by pressing F-11 (I think or maybe F-9) to get to system configuration menu from which you can then go to system utilities / boot media selection etc

• 3.  RE: Clearpass iLO PORT

Posted 7 days ago

thanks, so do I need to use virtual  power> 'reset' or 'cold boot'? to then interrupt by pressing f9 on my keyboard. I'm just thinking if resetting iLO disconnect my connection , how can I interrupt it then :) 

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Clearpass iLO PORT

MVP
    Posted 7 days ago

Neither power setting will affect your iLO connection, in my experience. It is on a separate port running a separate operating system from firmware.

------------------------------
    Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Clearpass iLO PORT

Posted 7 days ago

thanks, I just tried reset but pressing f9 on my keyboard doesnt get me to system utilities, do I need to define a hot key on that virtual keyboard on top of the console? 

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Clearpass iLO PORT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 6 days ago

It depends on what model of HW you have. The installation workflow for each model is captured in this airheads broadcasting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g9OFIYI6eg