Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

Posted Mar 11, 2024 11:27 AM

Insight Query Not working when searched for MAC/Username/Network Device giving error oops! Insight encountered an unexpected  error current version is 6.9.13 HF-3

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2024 11:29 AM

Can you share a screenshot and information entered in the query if not visible in the screenshot?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

Posted Mar 11, 2024 11:44 AM

Post entry Mac address or IP in the search bar it's shows error 

"oops! Insight encountered an unexpected error" 

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2024 01:10 PM

I checked and this seems to only happen on ClearPass 6.9.13. As 6.9&6.10 are (edited) near end-of-support, it's recommended to upgrade to a newer version, so 6.11 or 6.12 are the more recommended releases, but need a full reinstall as documented.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

Posted Mar 11, 2024 01:22 PM

Thank you for checking. Is any reference link or bug I'd shared in the notes for this version. So I can go through. 

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 05:58 AM

Not 100% sure, but it seems CP‑46081 is the ID; but customers were in the process of upgrading already while they figured this out so not sure if it's in the release notes also as it seems introduced just in 6.9.13.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

MVP
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 07:24 AM

Reference for end of support is in the HPE Networking Support portal..

6.9 is end of support May 31, 2024

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

MVP
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 07:21 AM

ClearPass 6.9.x is end of support May 31, 2024. End os Support is near, biut it is not currently end of support.

I know the EOS dates changed several times. We are currently using 6.9.13 in production and moving to 6.11 or 6.12. The new Entra ID auth source in 6.12 looks enticing.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 08:06 AM

Ack, you are correct. Edited my previous response to mention that 6.9 & 6.10 are close to end of support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 10.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

MVP
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 08:40 AM

I hated to correct you but it HAS been confusing. At one point staying on 6.9 would have given longer support than moving to 6.10.

One caveat for those upgrading from 6.9  to 6.11 & impporting their configuration, based on our experience trying to upgrade from 6.8 to 6.10 a year ago.

If you have custom Admin Privileges in 6.9 you might want to consider removing them & re-creating them after the upgrade. There were some backend renaming in 6,10 but the import did not rename any custom admin privilleges to match, In our case, we had a publisher upgraded and were unable to add subscribers, if I recall correctly. We ended up reverting back to 6.9.

We have built a greenfield configuration for 6.11 / 6,12, allowing us to clean up our configuration overall.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

• 11.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

Posted Mar 13, 2024 02:30 AM

Since these versions will be out of Support from May 2024 we updated from 6.9.7 to 6.9.13. So are you also facing the same not able to get detailed information when checked for Client - MAC Address when clicked as we recently updated from 6.9.7 to 6.9.13.

• 12.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

MVP
    Posted Mar 13, 2024 07:17 AM

I am sorry, we do not use Insight for that. We check that sort of information in Aruba Central On Premises, the newer replacement for Airwave.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

• 13.  RE: ClearPass Insight query 6.9.13

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2024 09:20 AM

Any 6.9.x release will be end of support at the same time, so upgrading 6.9.7 -> 6.9.13 did not help you on that point.

The issue has been seen before, but if you need this to be fixed in 6.9.13, you can open a TAC case to give it more priority. Upgrading to 6.11 or 6.12 would be the longer term solution.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------