Security

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Intune version 6 enable User Groups

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Intune version 6 enable User Groups

Posted Aug 05, 2022 07:28 AM

Hello,

In the Clearpass Intune version 6 extension configuration I see two options I would like to understand; enableUserGroups and userGroupUpdateSchedule.

{
    "logLevel": "INFO",
    "verifySSLCerts": true,
    "azureADEndpoint": "login.microsoftonline.com",
    "graphEndpoint": "graph.microsoft.com",
    "tenantId": "********",
    "clientId": "********",
    "clientSecret": "********",
    "syncPageSize": 50,
    "enableSyncAll": true,
    "syncAllSchedule": "*/2 * * * *",
    "syncUpdatedOnly": true,
    "syncAllOnStart": true,
    "enableEndpointCache": false,
    "endpointCacheTimeSeconds": 900,
    "intuneAttributes": null,
    "enableUserGroups": true,
    "userGroupUpdateSchedule": "*/2 * * * *",
    "bypassProxy": false,
    "enableStats": false,
    "statsUsername": "",
    "statsPassword": "********"
    }

In the log I see the following
    [2022-08-05T12:02:00.885] [INFO] Intune - User/Group update complete. Processed 9 Groups and 7 Users in 835.410815 ms.
    [2022-08-05T12:02:00.885] [INFO] Intune - There are currently 9 Groups, 7 Users and 9 User-Group mappings in the database.

So it seems to be doing something. But where do I see those attributes in ClearPass? Can I use them in a policy?

I would like to differentiate certain computers based on for example a security group in Intune.

Hope someone can assist me further,

With kind regards,

Rens

------------------------------
    Rens

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Intune version 6 enable User Groups

Posted Aug 26, 2022 12:40 PM
    Bump!  I am wondering the same thing

ChrisSunderland

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Intune version 6 enable User Groups

Posted May 26, 2023 11:07 AM

Hi.. 

Following up on this.. Has there been any update on this "enableUserGroups: false" ?

Also, we are using default extension configuration to perform query against Intune MDM. It is working currently but only updating 8-10 devices approx. every 5 min. We have thousand of devices that we would like to pull in. are there any tweaks to config file that can pull in devices in bulk? 

Thank you in advance 

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Intune version 6 enable User Groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2022 04:40 AM

That is an unreleased/unfinished/undocumented feature, so it can't/should not be used and kept to default of enableUserGroups: false.

And please work with support as the updates should support much more than 10 devices.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.