Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass license activation problem

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Clearpass license activation problem

Posted Aug 08, 2022 05:05 PM
    Hello,
    We haber bought two 1K Access license for our clearpass. While i could activate the first 1K the other license won't activate. Event viewer says the license in use for some other instance. But that can't ve right. I see that in license summary Window we have 2K Access license but in application license Window shows 2 seperate Access license only one of them activated. Anyone had this kind of issue before?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass license activation problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2022 07:39 PM
    i think it is best to contact our support centre for resolve this quickly

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass license activation problem

Posted Aug 08, 2022 11:50 PM

This might be a dumb question, have you activate both licenses?
    Activating an Application License (arubanetworks.com)---
    ----------------------------------------

*Edit.  Sorry is see in your original description you have tried and that’s where it is failing. I think you are gonna have to create a ticket as suggested by the other responder.

Original Message:
    Sent: Aug 08, 2022 05:05 PM
    Subject: Clearpass license activation problem

Hello,
    We haber bought two 1K Access license for our clearpass. While i could activate the first 1K the other license won't activate. Event viewer says the license in use for some other instance. But that can't ve right. I see that in license summary Window we have 2K Access license but in application license Window shows 2 seperate Access license only one of them activated. Anyone had this kind of issue before?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass license activation problem

Posted Aug 08, 2022 11:50 PM

Any chance you just need to activate the second license?

Activating an Application License (arubanetworks.com)

• 5.  RE: Clearpass license activation problem

Posted Aug 09, 2022 01:51 AM
    Hello,

Yes, the issue starts when i try to activate the license. It says the license can not be activated check the event viewer for detailed explanation. And when i checked the logs it says the license is in use for another instance so can not be activated. But that's not possible. We just bought the licenses. Thank you all for your kind reply.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass license activation problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2022 05:31 AM
    In that case, only Aruba Support can help you. Please keep your purchase records ready as TAC will probably ask for prove of purchase in case there is an administrative error.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.