Security

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass license migration (Demo licenses)

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Clearpass license migration (Demo licenses)

Posted 23 days ago

Hello,

I am new to Clearpass and created a server to get more familiar with the product. I think I kind of messed up somewhere, because now I am unable to login to Clearpass through Console. When I try it asks me for my credentials and when I fill time in I receive a TACACS+ error. 

I think I want to try to build the system from scratch again but I only had 1 license. Is there a way to migrate your licenses to a new server? I am using demo licenses so I know they are a bit more restrictive than normal licenses.

Hope someone has an answer

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: Clearpass license migration (Demo licenses)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted 23 days ago

Hi Martijn,

To login to the clearpass cli console use "appadmin" as username.

To login to the clearpass webinterface use "admin" ad username 

Appadmin and admin are always work even when you misconfigured tacacs accidentally.

ClearPass trail license doesn't have feature limits, only expire after 90 or 180 days.

If you need to re-install the system you can re-use the same licences but you can only re-activate by contact Aruba TAC Support.

If need new trail licences you can request that to your local Aruba Partner.

Hope this help you

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2024 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: Clearpass license migration (Demo licenses)

Posted 23 days ago

Thanks for sharing, that is good to know

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company