Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass License

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Clearpass License

Posted Nov 15, 2022 11:01 AM
    We are planning to replace the VMserver with Clearpass installed.

New VMserver's Clearpass plans to restore settings via a backup file.

We plan to transfer the version and IP of Clearpass to be the same.
    Can I continue to use the service if I apply the existing license to the newly upgraded CPPM after replacing the VM server?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2022 06:03 PM
    what version of clearpass do you have? if it is 6.10, then the automatic backup includes the lics
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.10/PolicyManager/Content/CPPM_UserGuide/Admin/License-backup.htm

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass License

Posted Nov 16, 2022 06:47 PM
    Clearpass version is 6.9.5

• 4.  RE: Clearpass License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 02:06 AM
    then your original plan should work.
    I am assuming your clearpass application and platform lics are reflected in your ASP account.
    if thats the case then you can always get TAC involved in getting those lics on your newly installed clearpass.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 03:45 AM
    If you re-deploy the ClearPass VM, you will need your licenses to be re-activated with the help of Aruba Support.

I would suggest to reach out to Aruba Support before you start the migration, so they can advise on how to get your licenses re-applied, and to have a case open to get a quick response when you have to re-activate the licenses.

BTW, if you install the same licenses on your new appliance, you should have 30 or 90 days (not sure which it is) to get them activated and work with TAC to deactivate the old ones.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.