Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Local User Roles AOS Switch 2530

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Local User Roles AOS Switch 2530

Posted Sep 01, 2022 05:07 PM
    I am working on configuring a ClearPass deployment for wired authentication with Aruba switches.  We have configured local user roles on the 2930 and 2530 switches.  On the 2930 switch, under the aaa authorization user-role <role-name> I can configure a command 'device' and 'port-mode' for the ports where IAPs are connected.  This allows the IAP to authenticate to the switch port and the wireless clients authenticate to the SSID and not the wired port. 

I am looking for the same command under the user-role for the 2530 switch and appears that this command is not available.  Is there a different command for the 2530 so the AP can authenticate to the switch port but not the wireless clients behind the AP?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Local User Roles AOS Switch 2530

Posted Sep 01, 2022 08:08 PM
    Not really an answer to your question but do you really want to authenticate APs themselves to ClearPass?  If so, why?  I see this as a corner security requirement with my customers that often isn't worth the additional overhead.  Are you planning on MAB or actual 802.1X with the APs?