Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Onboard and Google authentication setup

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Onboard and Google authentication setup

Posted Mar 17, 2023 12:24 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a BYOD Wi-Fi using Clearpass and Google as the IDP.  I found this guide online to set it up.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00091071en_us

Is this the most current documentation or guide?  It was last updated 2018.  I followed this guide, but I can't get it working.  I used OAuth 2 and Google secure LDAP for authorization.  When I try to connect to this Wi-Fi with a MacBook, the Mac authentication windows pops up.  The Guest page should pop up instead and show a Google login page.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Onboard and Google authentication setup
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2023 05:15 AM

I'm not aware of a newer version of that guide. If you don't see the redirect to the correct page, there probably is something wrong with your WiFi setup. It's less likely ClearPass related.

Because it would help to see what you see, and from there find out what is happening instead of what should happen, and check that against the configuration to find a solution, it is probably best to open a TAC Case or work with your Aruba partner. There is just not enough information to provide other guidance.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Onboard and Google authentication setup

Posted Mar 20, 2023 11:07 AM

Ok thank.  I ended up opening a case.