View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Portal Role Selection

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Portal Role Selection

Posted Sep 06, 2023 07:46 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if this can be done and if so how?

A user connects to an SSID and they are presented with different options. The different options allow the user to select what network they will connect to. I have the landing page setup with the different options but how do I use the selected option as the user role being assigned to the user's selection. After selecting the option they will be redirected to another page which asks for their credentials. The user may select a different option every time they access the network, I need to figure out how to get the selected option from the initial splash page into Clearpass decision on what user role is assigned.

Hope that makes sense.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Portal Role Selection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2023 07:50 PM

The Aruba way to do this is if the user puts in the credentials, you look up their ad group and automatically give them the proper role by sending back a radius attribute.  The user should have to do as little as possible. 

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Portal Role Selection

Posted Sep 06, 2023 08:03 PM

@cjoseph. I have another portal setup like you mentioned. But this setup requires the suer to select the network they wish to connect to on the splash page. I need this selection to be passed onto the next portal page they are redirected to, where they enter their credentials and are allowed access. But I need their selection from the initial landing page to be passed through as a user role.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Portal Role Selection

Posted Sep 06, 2023 08:13 PM

@cjoseph Thinking about it. I could create a drop-down list and the user selects form the drop-down list and they enter their credentials. Their selection in the drop-down list will be the user role assigned to them or even a radio button. How would I create the drop-down list or radio button options within ClearPass and pass them on as a user role? So there will only be 1 page which allows the user to enter their credentials and select the network they want form the drop-down list or radio button selection.