Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Portal stack and redirect to blank page after authentication

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Portal stack and redirect to blank page after authentication

Posted Nov 21, 2022 04:36 PM
    Hi

I already setup a Clearpass guest portal using the securelogin.hpe.com of aruba central since my ap devices are managed by aruba central. my issue is that when the user get's authenticated it always redirect to blank page with securelogin.hpe.com/cgi-bin/login unless user will type the specific website manually in a browser to check and to confirm that he is successfully authenticated or user must disconnect to ssid and reconnect it again to be able to check that he already successfully access the internet.

our goal is, after user authenticated user must redirect to the specific website like mywebsite.com or google.com I already set the redirect url to google.com as testing process. Im using a aruba_default certificate with securelogin.hpe.com address in my clearPass guest portal web form. right now I don't know why the issue still existed is there anyone who can help me to solve this issue?

upon checking in clearPass tracker, user already accepted without error so I conclude that I already configure the policy correctly under CPPM.

User will redirect and stack to blank page after user enter the credentials

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Portal stack and redirect to blank page after authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2022 03:38 AM
    Did you fill the redirect URL? That can be done either in the external captive portal profile in Central:
    .. (scroll down in that window with a scroll-wheel or double-finger gesture)... or in ClearPass under the default destination of your web login or self-registration configuration:

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Portal stack and redirect to blank page after authentication

Posted Nov 22, 2022 03:55 AM
    Hello,

Yes I did. I already fill the redirect URL both ClearPass and Aruba Central. do I need to upload a certificate since I'm using the aruba_default certifate of aruba central.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Portal stack and redirect to blank page after authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2022 04:49 AM
    The AP will have the securelogin.hpe.com (=aruba_default); and that works because you see the URL securelogin.hpe.com with the 'closed lock' in your screen photo.

Of course you need a trusted certificate on ClearPass as well. From what you describe, the issue seems to be in the very last part where the redirect as I described in the response above does not happen.

What I would do next is use the browser utilities to track what URLs and redirects are used. Here is a video on how the workflow should look like and how to check with the browser utilities where things go wrong.

This may also be something to get your Aruba partner or Aruba support involved into, because troubleshooting this live/interactively is much easier than asking/responding in a forum.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.