Security

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted Jul 08, 2024 07:24 AM

Hello all

I have an issue related to Mac spoofing I tried many things to prevent it but the same problem exists.

we using CPPM ver 6.10.4, using Mac auth-service for APs (enabling authorized-profiling), configured a conflict trigger in policy too, and reduced endpoint DB time for the cache to 5 seconds, CPPM could profile good but when spoofing on AP's Mac and use it through my laptop I find the laptop authenticated with AP profile!!  and conflict trigger doesn't work as CPPM didn't catch it to deny. I just found an alert for conflict in endpoint DB.

how can I make CPPM prevent Spoofing?

• 2.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted Jul 08, 2024 07:52 AM

Hi

Do you have the enforcement configured to deny access based on this condition:

(Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Conflict  EQUALS  true)

If this doesn't work try to change the Endpoint DB cache to 0.

I have the solution working with the setting above. Also remember to have the conflict detection rule first in the Enforcement policy

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted 30 days ago

hi Jonas,

I tried it with many changes too but not working.

• 4.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted 30 days ago

Can you send screen shots of both your configuration in each tab of the MAC authentication service as well as a authentication request from Access Tracker?

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 5.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

MVP
    Posted Jul 09, 2024 08:13 AM

First of all, only use MAC authentication when some other authentication cannot be used.. Ideally you manage the clients and turn off MAC Address randomization.

I believe you should be able to deny MAC Address randomization with a role mapping rule.

We currently detect randomized MACs with this rule: (Connection:Client-Mac-Address-Colon  MATCHES_REGEX  ^.[26aeAE])

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 6.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted 30 days ago

hi bosborne,

yeah, I only used it for devices that cannot use 802.1x

• 7.  RE: CLearpass Preventing Mac Spoofing!

Posted 20 days ago

it has been a long time for me also, but it did work.

as jonas is asking, can you share your config? else it will be difficult to say something.