Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass - Schedules Tasks

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  ClearPass - Schedules Tasks

Posted Mar 14, 2023 09:23 AM

Hello Community,

Is it possible to set scheduled tasks on clearpass (version 6.1x) ? 

For example, if possible i would like to trigger a cleanup of the endpoint database (known/unknown doesn't matter for me) at a specific date/time of the week ? 

I know that going to "Cluster-Wide Parameters > Cleanup Intervals" offers the possibility to set the number of days of retention of the endpoints entries in the database but that is not what i am looking for : Setting that interval will cleanup each entries individually regarding their day of connexion and the interval value (i.e if the cleanup interval is 2 days, an endpoint connected on monday will be "cleaned up" from the dabatase on wednesday and, equally, an endoint connected on tuesday will be "cleaned up" from the database on thursday)

And my will is to cleanup all these entries once a week for, let's say, sunday 08:00 a.m

From this, the only way to make it work i thought about would be a specific job scheduled (just like a cron job) but i don't find anything available (the only scheduled job that would be possible seems to be for log collection)

If anyone found a solution for this ...... 

Many thanks for your help

• 2.  RE: ClearPass - Schedules Tasks

Posted Mar 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Hi

Even though ClearPass is built on Linux operating system and are using cron jobs under the hood, it's not accessible for ClearPass administrators to use.

What is the driving force to implement such function to delete all endpoint records every week?

With the API you can build an external service to perform the action.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: ClearPass - Schedules Tasks

MVP
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 07:32 AM

Not exactly what you are envisioning, but I run a script daily to clean up and cached Guest endpoints that no longer have a Guest account because the account cleanup job does not do that.

I use the ClearPass REST APi. You could set up something similar and have as much flexibility as possible.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer