Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Service Retriggering

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Service Retriggering

Posted Jun 14, 2022 03:11 PM
    Hello,

We have an external database integration in my company's clearpass. We give our guest's internet access if they are in my guest database table and we update our database if the guest user leaves our company. But we want to disable guest users internet access by the time they leave. So what i would like to know is, is there a way to check the database for periodic time freaquently until the guest leave ? I believe if I could trigger the service in the Clearpass i could manage this somehow. But i couldn't find how to trigger the service without user interaction. I would be very glad at least someone would say if this is possible or not.
    Thank you in advance. Have a great day everyone.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Service Retriggering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2022 03:35 PM
    Kicking people off after authentication is typically done using COA, or change of authorization, where the radius server will end a session when it is signaled.  How you would do this with what you have setup will vary based on your integration.  If COA and radius accounting are setup properly, you can go into the radius accounting tab and disconnect a user, manually.  To do that automatically will need some more steps, depending on your current integration.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Service Retriggering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 09:44 AM
    Duplicate of this post.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.