Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Service scheduling or triggering by force

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Service scheduling or triggering by force

Posted Jun 14, 2022 03:11 PM
    Hi Guys,

I am new to the Airheads Community so i beg your pardon if the question format is not correct. 

I would like to know if there is a way for triggering a specific service in the clearpass?
    What i want is : I have a external database configuration and i use this for guest mac caching service to give access to guest users if they are in my external database. But every guest user needs to match this service every 15 minutes to be able to check if the user is still in my external database. And if it's not i want to terminate it's session by force. I want to know if this is possible in Clearpass.

Thank you in advance. Have a great day everyone.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Service scheduling or triggering by force

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 09:42 AM
    You could configure re-authentication on the SSID/switch (depending if it is wired/wireless), then in the service check if the user is still in the external database. May need some special authorization source queries to lookup up the user from the MAC, but should be possible. Hard to give a full solution without access to the database and what you configured already. May be good to work with your Aruba partner, or Aruba Support to get this configured.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Service scheduling or triggering by force

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 09:45 AM
    Duplicate of this post.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.