Security

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass upgrade failed

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Clearpass upgrade failed

Posted 20 days ago

Hi, 

Wondering if anyone can provide any solutions. I'm trying to upgrade clear pass policy manager from version 6.10.5 to 6.12 but I encounter this error message every time when I do it via the GUI or command line, "Exception performing upgrade: Pre-install task=02-modify-admin-shell-timeout.sh failed'. Has anyone come across this error before? 

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass upgrade failed
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 19 days ago

You mean you are upgrading from 6.10.5 to 6.11.X and then upgrading to 6.12, right?  Because you've looked at the release notes and installation guide and have seen that additional steps are required for upgrading past 6.10?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.12/Installation-Guide/Default.htm#UpgradeUpdate/Up-VersionConsiderations.htm

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass upgrade failed

Posted 19 days ago

Yep stumbled across this after I posted this. Frustrating but its what it is.  

Thank you for replying though

• 4.  RE: Clearpass upgrade failed

Posted 19 days ago
    There's no "upgrade" from 6.10 to 6.11 or 6.12. You have to set up a new install of 6.11, then restore your config/certs/etc to the new clean install.

Not sure if you can set up a new 6.12 and restore directly from 6.10. You may need to do this under 6.11.

--
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

• 5.  RE: Clearpass upgrade failed

Posted 19 days ago
    Clearly I didn't read the 6.12 notes as now I see you cannot go straight from 6.10.

--
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================