Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass version 6.10.9

This thread has been viewed 66 times
  • 1.  Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Jan 20, 2023 04:24 AM
    Hello,

Does anybody have information about when Clearpass 6.10 9 is going to be available ??

Last time I did upgrade our servers a newer version came out a week later

Thanks and kind regards

• 2.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Jan 20, 2023 10:43 AM
    Roadmaps and future release dates are not typically discussed in a public forum like this.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Jan 21, 2023 10:36 AM
    It is not a big secret, the version 6.10.x is from 15-Dec-23 is End of Support

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#product=clearpass-software&version=0

------------------------------
    Regards,

Waldemar
    ACCX # 1377, ACEP, ACA - Network Security
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 4.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Jan 23, 2023 02:43 AM

Hello,

You are absolutely correct I didn't looks at the EoL pages.

The strange thing is that Aruba set EoS for 6.9 and 6.10 at the same time and 6.10 is less than 2 years old. And more

moving to 6.11 is a heavy work since the servers must reinstalled. Seems that Aruba want to push us to 6.11

Thanks

Christian

• 5.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Jan 23, 2023 07:01 AM
    Also 6.11 is the next LSR release. 6.10 was never an LSR release.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Feb 14, 2023 09:55 AM

Hello

Thank you for the information.

• 7.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Feb 14, 2023 10:22 AM

What about the fix for the latest advisory "ARUBA-PSA-2023-001 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL (Rev-1)"

Is there going to be a patch on top of 6.10.8 ??

Christian

• 8.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2023 08:54 AM

I would recommend to keep an eye on the security bulletin. That is supposed to be updated as soon as fixed versions come out, and it can be either a hotfix or patch update (or even both). If for some reason you need to know exact timelines or delivery methods, you could check with Aruba Support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 9.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Mar 09, 2023 02:45 AM

Hello,

Found new hotfix on ASP "ClearPass 6.10.8 Hotfix 1 for Security issues" file CPPM-x86_64-20230106-security-hotfix-aruba-610-patch.signed.tar

Is that the one fixing "ARUBA-PSA-2023-001 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL (Rev-1)" ?, the advisory not updated on this topic

Kind regards

Christian

• 10.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2023 01:00 PM

Please hold on for a moment. I heard that there are some delays in the publishing process and documentation should be updated hopefully this or next week at which point things should be clear.

If you have specific questions and you can't wait, please work with Aruba TAC.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 11.  RE: Clearpass version 6.10.9

Posted Mar 14, 2023 06:48 PM