View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Virtual Appliance Capability

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Virtual Appliance Capability

Posted Sep 21, 2023 10:26 AM

Hello, 

I am currently working with the ClearPass solution and I need to document it. But I can't really find the maximum number of concurrent sessions for each virtual appliance type (C1000V, C2000V, C3000V). 

From the old names (CP-VA-500, CP-VA-5K, CP-VA-25K), I assume they respectively correspond to 500, 5 000 and 25 000 concurrent sessions but the hardware equivalent can handle the double (1000 for C1000, 10 000 for C2000/C2010 and 50 000 and for C3000/C3010).

Therefore, is there any difference between the capabilities of the hardware and virtual appliance ? 

Thanks !

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Virtual Appliance Capability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2023 10:52 AM

Check the ClearPass Scaling & Ordering Guide for more specific capacity information.

From that: "Virtual appliances require similar resource specifications to ensure a consistent ClearPass experience regardless of hardware or virtual appliance."; so with the correct specifications and (reserved) resources (CPU/mem/disk), the VM should perform similar to it's hardware appliance equivalent.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------