Security

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass virtualization deployment issue

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  clearpass virtualization deployment issue

Posted Apr 16, 2024 01:44 AM

Hi, support, we have plans to prepare clearpass for deployment in virtual machines, such as on Microsoft azure. I would like to ask how much hardware resources clearpass requires if it is running on a virtual machine. Like cpu, hard disk, memory etc. I did not find the hardware needed for clearpass to deploy on the VM.It would be best if there is an official documentation.
    The software deployed is: HPE Aruba Networking ClearPass Cx000V VM-Based Appliance E-LTU
    The quantity deployed is: HPE Aruba Networking ClearPass Access License 1K Concurrent Endpoints E-LTU 

• 2.  RE: clearpass virtualization deployment issue

Posted Apr 16, 2024 02:09 AM

Hi

The answer depends on the size of server you plan to deploy, but in your case the C1000V may be the best option. A pair of servers to form a cluster for redundancy and load balancing is recommended.

Sizing can be found on:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.11/Installation-Guide/Default.htm#SystemRequirements/SR-AzureRequirements.htm

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------