Security

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass virtualization deployment issue

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  clearpass virtualization deployment issue

Posted 13 days ago

Hi, support, we have plans to prepare clearpass for deployment in virtual machines, such as on Microsoft azure. I would like to ask how much hardware resources clearpass requires if it is running on a virtual machine. Like cpu, hard disk, memory etc. I did not find the hardware needed for clearpass to deploy on the VM.It would be best if there is an official documentation.
    The software deployed is: HPE Aruba Networking ClearPass Cx000V VM-Based Appliance E-LTU
    The quantity deployed is: HPE Aruba Networking ClearPass Access License 1K Concurrent Endpoints E-LTU 

• 2.  RE: clearpass virtualization deployment issue

Posted 13 days ago

Hi

The answer depends on the size of server you plan to deploy, but in your case the C1000V may be the best option. A pair of servers to form a cluster for redundancy and load balancing is recommended.

Sizing can be found on:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.11/Installation-Guide/Default.htm#SystemRequirements/SR-AzureRequirements.htm

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------