Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass VM deployment errors

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ClearPass VM deployment errors

Posted 12 days ago

Hi All,

During deployment of some new C3000V nodes, I made the mistake of hitting <enter> instead of selecting Y for encryption.

What are my options for taking the VM back to defaults so I can rewalk through the script from the start?

system factory-reset doesn't exisit in the VM-space...

Can I just remove and re-add the second hard disk on each node and reboot?

Thank you,

Glen.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass VM deployment errors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

Re-deploy the VM.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: ClearPass VM deployment errors

Posted 12 days ago

Hi

The configuration done during the initial configuration isn't saved untill everything has been completed. Last question is to accept the configuration done and restart or start over with the configuration from the beginning.

A reboot of the VM server will also revert the system to the default.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 4.  RE: ClearPass VM deployment errors

Posted 12 days ago

It never re-asks for setting up the second disk, so never reasks about encryption, at least in v6.11.  Not sure if that is how it is supposed to work, but does under VMware.

It just allows the walk through for the network setup...

I'll get our VM team to do a redeploy.

Thanks

Glen.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass VM deployment errors

MVP EXPERT
    Posted 11 days ago

When installing ClearPass as a virtual appliance on VMware use only the OVA template for enrollment. After pre-deployment keep the appliance powered off and add 1TB disk thick-provisioned. Power on the appliance and ClearPass will be installed on the created 1TB disk. (see documentation for right sizing requirements).

Start with ClearPass 6.11 during the setup you will ask to enable disk encryption. Always enable disk encryption in production environments.

The only reason to disable disk encryption is in a test environment or homelab to lower the resource performance needs.

I suggest to simple re-deploy your virtual machine.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own