Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CLEARPASS WEBSERVICE API LOCAL DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  CLEARPASS WEBSERVICE API LOCAL DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED

Posted 8 days ago

Good Day,

Im searching a webservice application that let users change their password anytime under ClearPass localdatabase. I try to visit this link in github it has a good and straight forward setup https://github.com/HewlettPackard/Aruba-CPPM-change-password/tree/master  but I just want to ask about this error since I already followed the step by step setup.

Sorry, im not really good in programming I hope you can help me regarding this error.

• 2.  RE: CLEARPASS WEBSERVICE API LOCAL DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

I don't know that script, but it looks to me that you did not create the API user/Operator profile, or appexternal password, or edit the configuration files of the script. It could also be that the script breaks on an invalid/untrusted server certificate. Maybe the original author of the script can assist or help?

As an alternative, have you looked at the built-in self-service portal of ClearPass Guest?

Also, I saw last week a presentation about pyclearpass, which is now available here (explanation) and here (demo); which is more versatile, but may require some more programming.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------