Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

client connection not picking up DUP profile

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  client connection not picking up DUP profile

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 06:38 AM
    Hi,
      I've got a mobility controller running ArubaOS 8.10.0.4 and clearpass running 6.10.7

I've created a WLAN with DUP enabled on it. DUP is a  simple "allow all"  ACL set and a vlan definition.

14 devices on the  WLAN,  controller GUI shows 13 of them using my  DUP. one of them using the local authenticated  profile.

.Whatever I do, it looks as if this single device never uses the DUP. The clearpass end  says its sending the profile.

Where do i look for logging to see whats happening?
    Rgds
    Alex

• 2.  RE: client connection not picking up DUP profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 08:21 AM
    Is that Downloadable User Role?

Are all of your clients using the same Downloadable User Role?
    If it's different, does the VLAN exist on the controller?
    Can you share the 'show users' output on the controller/gateway?
    Is the role you see there the initial role on the SSID? Or do you understand why the client gets that role?
    When the problematic client is authenticated and connected, does 'show log all 200' on the controller give an indication on what could be wrong?

Please note that on controllers, the recommended way is to return role and VLAN in separate attributes. Role based VLANs are deprecated in most cases.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------