Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

This thread has been viewed 69 times
  • 1.  Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Mar 22, 2023 01:06 AM

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue that clients are disconnected from the wireless because of "WLAN driver wireless client out of range."

Client is running on ax mode.

I saw these bugs were fixed on 8.10.0.0, and It was observed in AP-635 and AP-655 access points, but my controllers are on AOS 8.10.0.5, and the issue is on 535 AP.

Has anyone else run into the same problem? 

Thanks for your reply.

• 2.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Mar 30, 2023 10:23 AM

Interested to follow the thread, I've got the same issue here with AP-535 and AP-555 (version 8.10.0.5) + AOS8 L2 Cluster (2x7220) 

• 3.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Apr 25, 2023 01:04 AM

We are also affected by this issue.
    8.10.0.6 with AP-315's

• 4.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Apr 25, 2023 01:04 AM

We are having this issue as well, after upgrading to 8.10.0.6, on AP-315's.

• 5.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2023 04:17 AM

Could it be that your client moved out of range of the AP and roamed to another AP (from AP xxx014 to AP xxxx002, and later to AP xxxxx007)? That is what the message says and that would not be an issue but normal behavior that clients roam to the closest/strongest AP.
    Do you clients actually experience problems with the connectivity?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Apr 26, 2023 01:08 PM

Hello Herman, thank you so much for your reply.

The affected client is a PS5 gaming console that sits stationary on a tabletop. And the AP that it is associated to isn't showing any ARM changes anytime near the event. I don't recall seeing this particular error before our rent upgrade from 8.6.0.16 to 8.10.0.6.

The end user has reported that their gaming console reports not having Internet connectivity during the "outage". We have user-debug enabled for the client and we will be monitoring, and we have asked the user to report to us quickly if/when the issue arises again.

• 7.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Sep 13, 2023 03:35 PM

I have same issue with AP-535 and after upgrading to 8.10.0.7.  User roamed and got disconnected and had to reauthenticate, causing slight "downtime".  

Peter

• 8.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Mar 04, 2024 10:08 AM

I'm experiencing a similar issue with code version 8.10.0.9-FIPS LSR. When client roams between AP535s, the wireless client experienced drop in IP connectivity.

Wireless client showed connected to the SSID. Was there a solution? 

• 9.  RE: Client is disconnected because of "Wlan driver wireless client out of range" an 535 AP

Posted Mar 06, 2024 08:45 AM

I have same issue with our clients, they lost their connection for few seconds then backs to normal, I have recently update all our materials , two 7502 controllers with MM with 158 diffrent AP such as 315,, 335, 345 and 535 with version 8.10.0.6LSR 

Please share your hit if you can find any good solution

Best