Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Client List sorted by connection Time

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Client List sorted by connection Time

Posted Jan 30, 2023 11:47 AM
    Forgive me for comparing apples and oranges but I was running unifi and now I've switched to Aruba virtual controller for everything.  I can see the clients but I would like to see the order of uptime. Sometimes a device will reboot and I want to find it's new IP.  Is there a way to catch or sort the clients with this in mind?

Thanks!

Neil

• 2.  RE: Client List sorted by connection Time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 11:26 AM
    Hi Neil,

Try looking at "show ap association" which shows association time across all clients in the association table. Then look for clients with less time. You could then use "show clients ip-user <mac>" for the particular client you're interested in to see how many IP addresses are mapped to the client.

------------------------------
    Josh

• 3.  RE: Client List sorted by connection Time

Posted Jan 31, 2023 12:19 PM
    yeah I was told about the AP association but it didn't show IP address i was getting all 0.0.0.0

I would like to not have to guess which AP things are connected to as well.  Also not sortable.  I guess its a complex issue to have in a GUI (despite Unifi having it).  They have their own issues I know....

• 4.  RE: Client List sorted by connection Time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 12:55 PM
    Consider managing the APs with Central which provides a single location to view connected clients across APs with sortable columns.

Josh