Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients attached to VC are not responding to the ping command

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Clients attached to VC are not responding to the ping command

Posted Mar 04, 2024 10:40 AM

Hi

I am having an  IAP cluster of about 61 APs(IAP 515) . I am very well able to ping the virtual controller IP  from my office but I am not able to ping the client machines ( getting Request Time Out ) attached to the APs of the cluster. Client's machines are able to  browse the Internet. My Virtual controller and client machines are on a different subnet. I am using the external DHCP servers  and client machines are getting the valid IPs from DHCP. I am not able to understand why client machines are not responding to the ping command. 

------------------------------
    Dr.Samir Srivastava
    KNIT Sultanpur (UP)
    INDIA

• 2.  RE: Clients attached to VC are not responding to the ping command

Posted Mar 04, 2024 11:12 AM

Without knowing to much about your WLAN and User configuration. I would start SSH'ing to the AP that particular client is connected to. 

Run this command: show datapath session | in 10.0.0.210 [replace with client IAP]

Look for sessions with a "D" flag for deny. If you want to see all of the flag definitions, run the command with the: | in

If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clients attached to VC are not responding to the ping command

Posted Mar 19, 2024 09:16 AM

Confirm that the client machines have valid IP addresses from the external DHCP servers. Ensure that the subnet mask and default gateway are correctly set on the client machines.