Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients list shows disconnected clients

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Clients list shows disconnected clients

Posted 21 days ago

Hi there,

When I run show clients on my Instant deployment it will show not only the connected devices but also the ones that already disconnected.

The UI interface also shows all the clients, even the ones that are disconnected.

But if I run show ap debug client-table only connected devices show.

I would expect the "Clients" tab of the UI to only show users that are effectively connected, so is what I'm seeing normal?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clients list shows disconnected clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 21 days ago

It depends on the way clients disconnect, some of them will then rely on idle timeout to be flushed out of the user-table.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Clients list shows disconnected clients

Posted 21 days ago

Uhmm,

Then maybe there is some bug with 8.10.0.12.

Because even when clients cleanly disconnect I see them still in the client list but not on the user-table.

Also, even though clients show in the clients table, I cant run "show client status mac" for those that are disconnected.

• 4.  RE: Clients list shows disconnected clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago

do these clients connect to PSK or dot1x WLANs? if dot1x, are you using RADIUS Accounting for it?

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Clients list shows disconnected clients

Posted 19 days ago

Happens on both PSK and Dot1x SSIDs.