Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Cloud Auth Radius server timeout

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Cloud Auth Radius server timeout

Posted Mar 22, 2023 06:06 AM

Hi all,

from this morning at 9 am CET my Wi-Fi clients are unable to authenticate to SSID with WPA2-AES Enterprise security with Azure Cloud Auth.

the Central system is in EU-Central zone

Everything was ok until yesterday evening 

From events I see all of the auth requests with : Client 802.1x Radius Timeout

How can I debug if the Cloud Auth server is reachable ?

Also I see "Authentication server AS2_#guest#_ is down" for clients tring to authenticate with Central Guest Captive portal

• 2.  RE: Cloud Auth Radius server timeout

Posted Mar 22, 2023 10:26 AM

Hello, we have the same issue since this morning. We created ticket with Aruba and are waiting for a fix. We did a packet dump and the radius is either not responding (SYN timeout) or outright sending RST on connection.

Looks like at least the EU-Central zone has some problems.

• 3.  RE: Cloud Auth Radius server timeout

Posted Mar 22, 2023 10:27 AM

Hi,

We are experiencing this since today morning, across all our customers as well.

Also in EU-Central.

Luckily we have recently switched from using Azure Cloud Auth (never got it working 100%).

But, the issue affects all our guest networks, as they use Aruba Guest portal (with the same radius servers)

No information from Aruba yet. 

• 4.  RE: Cloud Auth Radius server timeout

Posted Mar 22, 2023 02:51 PM
    Hi all , Thank you for your sharing. The Support team replied me confirming an issue in the CloudAuth System. At 3pm CET the issue had been resolved.