Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

CloudAuth Deployment Challenge

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  CloudAuth Deployment Challenge

Posted Feb 07, 2024 09:59 AM

I have cloudauth up an running with connection back to azure all working very well...

However deploying the onboarding app is a challenge as many of the PC we are dealing with don't have admin access. 

• Our next option was to try to deploy via intune but I cannot find and msi file and app .exe doesn't seem to have a silent mode?   ie when prepped for deployment these is no way I can see to say don't ask questions - just install it.   Intune works great with IOS but the way.  Has anyone deployed this way? 
    • Alternatively what other way do I have to deploy the certificates.  We have Aruba Central with cloudauth we do not have clearpass. 

thanks

• 2.  RE: CloudAuth Deployment Challenge

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2024 07:15 AM

Cloud Authentication and Policy is focused on unmanaged devices in the current version.

Please reach out to your local Aruba representative to find out if there may be support for managed devices (Intune) coming.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CloudAuth Deployment Challenge

Posted Feb 08, 2024 11:55 AM

That was my understanding also.  I thought Cloud Auth was primarily for the Bring Your One Device fleet.  Which those users will typically have full access because it is their personal property.

BTW I find that many times installer exe files are really just an MSI container/launcher.  You can try decompressing it with 7zip.  Or monitor the install temp folder and see if it drops a MSI while decompressing before completing the install.   

For windows you can install certificates via powershell : Import-Certificate -FilePath "C:\...\MyCert.Cer" -CertStoreLocation 'Cert:\LocalMachine\My'