Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cluster Uplink question

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Cluster Uplink question

Posted Nov 14, 2022 12:32 PM
    I have a 2 controller cluster each with a connection to the internet gateway and vrrp on the client vlan, all client traffic is sourced from whichever controller is the vrrp master regardless of which controller the client is connected to.

I am curious if this is working as intended, I was expecting to see traffic sourced from both controllers (whichever one the client connects to)

and if this is working as intended is there any way to utilize the currently unused internet link?

• 2.  RE: Cluster Uplink question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2022 12:45 PM
    Is the client VLAN natted out of each controller using "ip nat outside"?  What is the default gateway of that client subnet?  Is it the VRRP between controllers?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Cluster Uplink question

Posted Nov 14, 2022 09:59 PM
    I only have 'ip nat outside' on each controller's uplink port.

The client subnet has vrrp between each controller.

Yes I also have vrrp between each controller which APs are directed to for master/serverip/vendor specific dhcp option.