View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Conditional Statements in Templates

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Conditional Statements in Templates

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 26, 2022 08:42 AM
    I am trying to get a template to work with conditional statements for VLAN creation. I want the VLAN to be configured only if there is a value set for the QuarantineVLANID variable. Central keeps telling me that there is a template error because there is no value defined in the variable. From what I understand there should be no error because of the way I have the statement configured.... Am I missing something?

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 2.  RE: Conditional Statements in Templates
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2022 09:23 AM
    I would assume the same. What you do is also what is explained in this video (around the 5 minute timestamp).

There may be an issue elsewhere in your template, but if this is the only place where that variable is used, and you can't find a solution (and nobody here knows what the issue is), please check with Aruba Support. They may have tools to analyze your template or see more in detailed why this error is thrown.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.