Developer

View Only
last person joined: 12 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring IP helper in HP access switch A5500 series and HP 10500 Core-Switch series

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Configuring IP helper in HP access switch A5500 series and HP 10500 Core-Switch series

Posted 15 days ago

Hi There...

I need to configure my network devices in order to BOOT client from PXE server, the clinet and PXE server are on different subnets, client subnet 10.211.110.x and PXE server is 10.211.0.41.
    Please help with the configuration proccess and commands and let me know if the configs is only on the access switch or on both access & Core switch.

Thanks in advance...

• 2.  RE: Configuring IP helper in HP access switch A5500 series and HP 10500 Core-Switch series

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 15 days ago

This is not a developer question. PXE is normally controlled through DHCP attributes that point the client to the correct PXE server; it's best to search for the Operating System that you use (Windows?) to find out how to configure your DHCP server.

It's not relevant that clients are in a different subnet than your PXE server, as long as routing is enabled and possible between client and PXE server and as long as the clients will receive the proper DHCP response with information about the PXE server. IP helpers is one way of doing that and is configured on the L3/vlan interface where the clients are, and in that case the ip helper should point to your DHCP server where you create the scope for the client VLAN.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------