Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

Posted Jan 30, 2023 09:26 AM
    Hello,

I'm trying to configure management on the dell switch model S4128T Switch in clearPass but I didn't find the DELL switch in the vendor name tab, inside devices, I would like to know which vendor can I use to authenticate my network user on the switch? And what configurations can you perform for authentication?

• 2.  RE: Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

Posted Jan 30, 2023 09:32 AM
    You need to enable the Dell Dictionary Administration > Dictionaries > RADIUS.  This is only for RADIUS though TACACS+ should "just work" provided you pass the TACACS+ response the Dell switch requires.

• 3.  RE: Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

Posted Jan 30, 2023 01:04 PM
    I already added the dell switch dictionary, now it is returning me the following message in the access tracker:
    Error Message: No enforcement profiles matched to perform command authorization and Tacacs server Tacacs service=ppp:ip not enabled. Do you know where I can see this?

• 4.  RE: Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 04:19 AM

An export of the TACACS+ Service you created would help to see if there is something wrong:

Did you create an Enforcement Profile?

Example:

• 5.  RE: Configuring TACACS Access on the DELL S4128T Switch in ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 11:19 AM
    Here is a video on how to create TACACS+ Services in ClearPass and AOS-S based Aruba Switches. You can adapt that for your Dell Switch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5vBbUun7C8&list=PLsYGHuNuBZcb0xD05v9zdwv7NlUG_8oJS&index=41&t=13s

BTW - there are a lot more ClearPass technical related Videos on the Airheads Broadcasting Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@AirheadsBroadcasting