SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

This thread has been viewed 46 times
  • 1.  Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

Posted Nov 21, 2022 04:35 PM
    Hi Team,

I want to understand how communication will be between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).
     - Can we have secure overlay between 2 different Edge appliances belonging to 2 different SDWAN networks?
        If yes, how?  kindly help with documentation link.
     Note: there is no provisioning of unity Orchestrator (Orchestrator Global Enterprise)

• 2.  RE: Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2022 08:57 AM
    You can possibly build 3rd party tunnels between appliances.  This would be a manual process for both sides and the interconnect would not have the benefit of all the failover or error correction.  You would also have to manually set up dynamic routing between the two.

I'm doing this with a customer that is merging with another company now.  We placed 3 new appliances from the SDWAN fabric in the other Company's regional Data Centers.  We have this new company set up as its own "Region" in the fabric to control routes and tunnels.  These DC interconnects are doing BGP back into the new company's DMZ on the LAN side of the EdgeConnects.  These 3 interconnects are in place until the new combined company chooses a path forward.

• 3.  RE: Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

Posted Nov 23, 2022 03:16 AM

I am still busy with a SD-WAN case. Not want to interrupt the topic starter but I read with interest.

About the Edgeconnect appliances, what are the differences between Hub and Branch appliances.

For the topic starter, is this a good source of information about a secure fabric between 2 sites?

EdgeConnect SD-Branch | Validated Solution Guide (arubanetworks.com)

• 4.  RE: Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 09:05 AM
    Any appliance can be a hub or a branch (spoke).  In the configuration you can designate an appliance as a "hub".  This changes the route sharing behavior of EdgeConnect's proprietary routing protocol (subnet sharing).  Hubs can act as a route reflector to branches and other hubs by re-advertising branch routes to other branches and other hubs.  There are route redistribution maps to manipulate routes more but this behavior is automated when "regional routing" is enabled

• 5.  RE: Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 03:07 AM
    If you have a common core at a hub/datacenter site, you could use dynamic routing at the core level between the two.  OR, if both appliances are co-existing at a hub you could directly connect them with dynamic routing (i.e. BGP)

• 6.  RE: Connection between two different SDWAN network (2 different Orchestrator).

Posted Nov 28, 2022 01:49 AM

This is really exciting conversation-

Yes, we can use Dynamic routing or 3rd party tunnel between both the appliance.
    But,

what are the features of Aruba SD WAN that will not apply to the traffic flowing between 2 SDWAN fabrics?
    Can we have end to end IPsec tunnel?
    Can we use QoS, Forward Error Correction (FEC), WAN optimization (Boost), Dynamic Path Control (DPC), Packet Order Correction features?