Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

Posted 14 days ago

Hi,

Before deploying anything, I would like to know if it would be possible to have a controller Aruba Central configured as VPN Concentrator but having the APs deployed with AirWave. 

If everything is cloudless, the controller would be StandAlone, APs normally deployed, APs added to the Controller WhiteList and everything working.

If everything is cloud, both controller and APs are deployed in Aruba Central and everything working.

But wht happen if the scenario is mixed? Can this be achieved? If APs are deployed in AirWave, how can these APs be whitelisted in the Controller in Aruba Central?

Everything is in AOS8.

Thanks!!

• 2.  RE: Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

the Aruba gateways that are managed by Aruba Central should be running AOS10.x with the right subscription they can have VPNC functionality. 

The VPNC can terminate IPSEC tunnels from microbranch APs, branch gateways (running AOS10.x) and Instant APs.(AOS8.x)

Are the APs that are managed by Airwave, Instant APs?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

Posted 12 days ago

Hi,

The idea is to have the controller in Aruba Central in AOS8 and configure them as VPNC.

The APs that are managed by Airwave are InstantAPs yes, and they are in AOS8.

You have said that "The VPNC can terminate IPSEC tunnels from microbranch APs, branch gateways (running AOS10.x) and Instant APs.(AOS8.x)": this means that the controller can be configured in Central in AOS10 and it can terminate AOS8 tunnels from Instant APs even though being in AOS10?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

yes you need to configure IAP-VPN for your IAP cluster and then AOS10 VPNC which can only be managed by Aruba Central can anchor the IPSEC tunnels.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Controller (VPN Concentrator) in Aruba Central and APs in Airwave

Posted 12 days ago

Thanks for your info!

In a scenario where there is one Standalone Controller in AOS8 were some AOS8 IAPs are terminating their VPN tunnels, we need to Whitelist those APs into the controller, but in the scenario that i'm trying to move to (VPNC in AOS10 in Cntral and AOS8 IAPs) , is there any way to whitelist those APs? Or there is no need to whitelist them into the AOS10 VPNC?