Security

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

Posted Feb 20, 2024 05:39 AM

Hello guys,
    I am in the process of upgrading our production CPPM environment to 6.11.x and want to convert the remaining licenses (platform & access) to the new format. In the Support Portal I can see the old licenses but a "subscription key" needs to be entered to continue the process. So I checked our service contract, but i can't find this specific key. Can anyone give a hint? For the licenses I converted so far this was not necessary.

Cheers
    Arthur

• 2.  RE: Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

Posted Feb 20, 2024 06:10 AM

Hi

Subscription key have not been utilized since version 6.6, the first new license format was in 6.7 and the current license format was introduced in 6.8.

What format do you have on your current licenses?

If you have bought the ClearPass with the old license model and never converted the licenses since 2017 you should find the subscription ID under ClearPass Legacy licenses.

To be able to convert you need an active support agreement.

If you have converted to 6.7 format you need to convert from 6.7 to 6.8+ format 

If you already have ClearPass 6.8+ format on your licenses you don't need to convert it for 6.11 installation. 

But it's one more twist, if the original ClearPass was in the old pre 6.7 license model you need to convert the SKU's to the new SKU's

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

Posted Feb 20, 2024 07:36 AM

I opened a case with aruba tech support. Guess I cannot fix this on my own.

• 4.  RE: Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

Posted Feb 20, 2024 06:12 AM
    Hi Jonas,

the cluster has been set up in 2018 based on Clearpass 6.6 appliances which has been upgraded to 6.7 before taking it into production. I remember the PAK came printed on a card with the devices.
    Although I converted already one of these platform licenses 2 months ago without problems the way you described it. 

• 5.  RE: Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

Posted 9 days ago

Hi all,

I have the same question / problem. 

We have an old CPPM cluster and want to migrate to 6.11 but I don't know where to find the Subscription Key.

We have a "Fixed Services Serial Number" for the support we have bought, but that is not valid.

Does someone know where to find this Subscription Key?

Thanks,
    Bjarne

• 6.  RE: Convert ClearPass licenses - Subscription Key needed

MVP
    Posted 8 days ago

Talk to your HPE Aruba account representative or VAR. They should be able to direct you appropriateky.

Failing that, you may be able to open a TAC Case for licensing.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer