Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Converting Open network to Enhanced Open

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Converting Open network to Enhanced Open

Posted Oct 01, 2022 10:30 AM
    We're working on configuring a new 802.1x SSID but don't want to introduce that until it's tested thoroughly and it's not within the first month of school. I don't want to cause disruptions.

We currently have an open SSID with a captive portal and MAC authentication. I get that this is not ideal but would it be feasible to convert it to Enhanced Open, gaining a bit more security, until the 802.1x network is live? Is it as easy as just flipping a checkbox? I'm guessing not.

------------------------------
    Nathan K

• 2.  RE: Converting Open network to Enhanced Open

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2022 06:59 PM
    Keep testing your 802.1x SSID.  That should be your target: it has fewer variables than enhanced open.  Some clients (and some access points) do not support enhanced open, so it is only a half solution until they do.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card