Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

Posted Jan 13, 2023 01:52 AM
    Hey Airheads 

Just playing around (trying to anyway) with new CPPM 6.11 version and when i try and open the OVF in VM Workstation i get the following error:

"Signature does not validate against certificate (signing is compromised)."

Is it just me or are others having this issue as well?

Scott

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2023 04:32 PM
    i had no issues installing on ESXi
    It seems VM Workstation is not listed as a supported hypervisor

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

Posted Jan 15, 2023 03:53 PM

I don't think any installations are "supported" on VM Workstation however you can generally run anything support on ESX in workstation.

The issue seems to be with how the signing of the image is done as I don't think previous versions have been signed.

• 4.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 16, 2023 05:30 AM
    You been trying to run 6.11 inn VMWare Fusion 12 & 13 and neither using the .ova file nor installing from the iso works :-(

A

• 5.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2023 05:14 AM

Figured it out.

From the install guide:

ClearPass 6.10 OVF images for VMware vSphere (ESXi) virtual appliances are now signed with SHA256 certificates. If you currently use ESXi version 6.5 or lower, you will need to remove the publisher certificate (.cert file) from the OVF image before you deploy the 6.10 OVF images.

I renamed the .cert file in the ESX archive and I was able to open in workstation successfully.

• 6.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 19, 2023 12:24 PM
    So, getting further in installing cppm 6.11 into VMware fusion

With version 13.0 pro, having deleted the cert file, fusion hangs when reading the off file

With the Fusion player 12.x there’s no problem it just worked and I’m at the ip address assignment phase

Onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

Posted Jan 17, 2023 04:58 AM

Figure it out.

From the install guide:

ClearPass 6.10 OVF images for VMware vSphere (ESXi) virtual appliances are now signed with SHA256 certificates. If you currently use ESXi version 6.5 or lower, you will need to remove the publisher certificate (.cert file) from the OVF image before you deploy the 6.10 OVF images.

I renamed the .cert file in the ESX archive and I was able to open in workstation successfully.

• 8.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2023 05:09 AM
    What is even easier is to just add the .ovf and the .vmdk while importing. It will then skip the certificate check and just import. Still, running on Fusion or Workstation is unsupported, but it may work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 9.  RE: CPPM 6.11 install failed in VM Workstation

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 23, 2023 12:49 PM
    Thanks for that Herman, can confirm I have 6.11 running on VMware Fusion 13.0.
    Rgds
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone