Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.8.6 to 6.10.latest upgrade questions

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.8.6 to 6.10.latest upgrade questions

Posted Nov 16, 2022 11:06 AM
    Taking over the upgrade of a single C2000V instance running 6.8.6 and have questions about upgrading it to 6.10.latest.

Looking at the release notes of 6.10, it says that it's only supported from 6.8.9, however, in the Software Updates section, I have options to download and install 6.8.9, 6.9.7 and 6.10.0. Can I actually go straight to 6.10.0 and then apply the latest 6.10 patch? Or do need to install 6.8.9 first?

Now, regarding disks. 6.10 requires a 1TB single disk but can support upgrades with 500gb disks (usage shows about 50 out of 250 in use so should still be ok). But the question is that the VM has actually two disks - one 20gb and the other 500gb. Would this still be a problem?

If I want to increase the disk from 500 to 1tb, I would have to do a new install and then a backup/restore, but a restore has to be done to the same version, right?

TIA.

------------------------------
    ---
    °(((=((===°°°(((=================================

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.8.6 to 6.10.latest upgrade questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 04:56 AM
    Best would be to work with Aruba TAC to get the most optimal upgrade path.

If the release notes mention a specific upgrade path, I would follow that, despite that the update is offered in the online update.
    I think that if you have an additional 1TB disk added during a major version upgrade (like 6.8.x -> 6.9; or 6.9 -> 6.10), the new disk will be used for the new installation and you can remove the old disk afterwards. But that is also something you may need to check in the documentation, or better with Aruba Support.

Backups are restored by default on the same version, but you can during the restore tick the option to disable the version check. Having said that, you could try to deploy a brand new 6.10 appliance (or consider 6.11 because it requires a operating system upgrade anyway, and you can take the opportunity now to avoid another re-installation in the near future when you move from 6.10 to 6.11); then try to restore the backup from your existing system. If that works fine (test it), you may have the fastest upgrade with the least downtime.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.