Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

Posted 13 days ago

I encountered this error while creating the services for AdminUI TACACS auth using ISE "RADIUS type Authentication Source is not supported" using RADIUS as my source. I'm creating this post to show how I managed to integrate CPPM AdminUI login using Cisco ISE.  

On ClearPass 6.8.x

- I created a TokenServer Authentication Source and used RADIUS as my Protocol
     - Copied the [Policy Manager Admin Network Login Service] and renamed it, and move its order to the top
     - Modified the policy service to use my TokenServer as Authentication and Authorization Sources
     - Select the [Admin User Repository] as your additional authorization source
     - Created my Role Mapping Policies and Enforcement Policies e.g., "(Authorization:[Admin User Repository]:Role_Name  EQUALS  Super Administrator) [TACACS+ Super Admin])"
     - Saved

On Cisco ISE 3.1.x

- Added CPPM IPs to the "Network Devices"
     - For "TACACS Authentication Settings" Selected "Enable Single Connect Mode" and "Legacy Cisco Device"
     - For the "Policy Elements" <TACACS Profiles> I used the following "Generic" attributes.
     - MANDATORY [Service] "cpass"
     - MANDATORY [Protocol] "http"
     - MANDATORY [AdminPrivilege] "Super Administrator"

Note: You must configure all other ISE "Device Admin Policy Sets" settings, and create separate policy for each role you are using in ClearPass.

Let me know if you have an alternate method for this..

Hope this helps guys.

SourceImage1
    Source2
    Policy1
    Policy2
    ise

• 2.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

Posted 13 days ago

Thanks for the write up.  I'm curious on the use-case though.  Why both ISE and ClearPass?  Why not just let ClearPass handle its own admin login?

• 3.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

Posted 13 days ago

Well, in our case we have use CPPM for the wireless enclave and ISE for wired and that choice was due to DNA, SDA and other requirements. We also needed to have MFA and our CPPM could not get direct access to MFA provider. 

• 4.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

Posted 13 days ago
    Got it, just curious

• 5.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

MVP
    Posted 12 days ago

In our Lab, we are have a deployment of DNA using CPPM. We have ISE just as, basically, a RADIUS Proxy to DNA, I think.

We are currently preparing to roll this out to production. 

We have used CPPM as our main authentication server since Aruba bought Avenda eTIIPs.

BTW, the Aruba admin login uses TACACS+, not RADIUS.

------------------------------
    Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 6.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Bos,

Yeah.. that is correct the ISE policy protocol is TACACS+, but for my workaround I'm using RADIUS Tokenserver as my source.

• 7.  RE: CPPM AdminUI via Cisco ISE TACACS+

MVP
    Posted 12 days ago

RADIUS Token Server accepts an accept/reject from a different RADIUS server. What server is that? ClearPass makes a TACACS+ request . for our TACACS+ devices, including Cisco switches, we use LDAPS to Active Directory as the auth source for username & password.

This appears to be an ISE question more than a ClearPass one.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer