Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 16 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating a secondary SSID with it's own IP range IAP207

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Creating a secondary SSID with it's own IP range IAP207

Posted Nov 02, 2021 12:00 PM
    I have an IAP 207. I have it set up with our business network just fine. Now I'm trying to set up a secondary Wi-Fi for managers to use personal devices to reach the internet. I need it to be password protected and on a different IP range than our business network. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I've tried setting it as a guest network, but then it either has a splash page (which I don't want) or no password at all.

I have tried setting it to "employee" and using internal DHCP(virtual controller managed). I can then set up the password as I want. I can connect to the WiFi, but then there is no internet.

I have tried setting it to "Network Assigned", but that puts them on the business network. Which is what I'm trying to prevent.

I do have the DHCP set up, though perhaps not correctly:

I am unsure if I should have anything else on this page set up or not? Or is there something else that I'm missing?

------------------------------
    Michael McNair
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Creating a secondary SSID with it's own IP range IAP207

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2021 01:37 AM
    Hi Michael,

This is the IoT section of Airheads so you have more luck in one of the WiFi discussion areas.

With Guest configuration It is possible in the version of software I'm running to set the splash page to none, I can then enable encryption and have WPA2 Personal configured.

It's also possible to have a second VLAN configured but this would generally require configuration on other parts of your network infrastructure (switches, DHCP etc) and may be more complicated.

Let me know if you need more details.