Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Customize Guest Portal in Central with Sponsor

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Customize Guest Portal in Central with Sponsor

Posted May 24, 2022 04:08 AM
    Hi everyone, 

I have configured a cloud guest portal in Aruba Central with Sponsor, so the user when performing the registration should introduce an email of the sponsor in order for the sponsor to accept the user creation and validate it.

Is there any way to customize this Sponsor part? I mean, I want it to be hiden from the registration form and automatically sent to a fixed sponsor email.

I know that this can be done in ClearPass Guest by adding some code in the HTML part of the registration form, but is there any way to perform something similar in Aruba Central?

thanks!
    A

------------------------------
    Alberto Miras Gil

• 2.  RE: Customize Guest Portal in Central with Sponsor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2022 08:00 AM
    i don't think that option is there. generally if you need to customised guest portals, you need to use ClearPass for it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Customize Guest Portal in Central with Sponsor

Posted May 24, 2022 11:08 AM

Aruba Cloud Guest Portal is fairly limited.  When I brought up even trivial customizations to HP in the past they always direct me to Clearpass.  Which is colossal overkill and expensive just to customize a little HTML.  On the other hand,  you don't have to worry about browser compatibility or breaking anything accidently with a stray tag.  As long as the client browser supports modern TLS & HTML Cloud Guest Portal should always work.