Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

Posted Feb 02, 2024 10:03 AM

I have an open support case for this already but thought I would share here to see if I can get any faster traction.

I am in the process of building a proof of concept for our network, 2x 8320, 3x 6200 cx switches.  

The biggest issue I have so far is that changes to port statuses are taking absolutely ages to update in central.  I can unplug a port and it still shows as up 24 hours later in the UI.  The same happens if I plug a cable in. It shows as down for ages, despite central still receiving and showing usage stats for that port!

I've already checked firewall for blocked packets, checked the switches are all connected via show aruba-central and all seems fine.

Config changes are being pushed mostly within a few minutes to and from central.  I can even disable an interface using the cli on the switch and the config will be updated in central within minutes, but the port status will still show as up/enabled.

Has anyone encountered this behavior before or is there a detailed guide on troubleshooting central connection issues?  Something critical must not be reliably getting through from the switches to central.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2024 08:32 AM

Have not seen that... did you get any further with TAC already?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

Posted Feb 19, 2024 04:45 AM

L2 have gathered some logs for the developers to look into.  Seems to be some kind of caching/backend problem when sending data to the clients UI.

They confirmed I am not the only customer experiencing this issue.

I'll make sure to update on here once I have a resolution!

The information contained in this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please accept our apologies and notify the originator or telephone 0117 9055200. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Badminton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Badminton School Ltd is registered in England, number 257012, charitable trust number 311738. Badminton School, Westbury Road, Westbury-On-Trym, Bristol BS9 3BA.

• 4.  RE: CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

Posted Mar 12, 2024 02:27 PM

We are also struggling with slowness regarding CX-switches as well.
    VSF-stacks takes several hours to be updated in Central. Not just the first time the stack is created, but also after reboot of the stack. Takes several hours before Central is updated.
    Changing name of CX-switches takes hours before updated in Central.

Have created a TAC-case. Hopefully they will find something.
    CX and Central is not a good combo right now...

• 5.  RE: CX port status taking hours or days to update in central?

Posted Mar 12, 2024 03:09 PM

Sorry to hear your having the same issue. 

We had ours resolved a few days after my post.  2nd level support escalated to dev's and they found a "Lag in state group and it has been settled now".

Since that fix its been working great, most updates are a few mins tops now and switches show correct port status etc fine.

Our ticket number was 5379622395 if you want to reference that with your case if it is indeed a similar/same issue.