Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

This thread has been viewed 49 times
  • 1.  CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 07:45 AM
    Greetings all,
    I know I've seen different threads pertaining to not being able to access the console of the switch once deploying it in EVE-NG. I've done some research and discovered that by default all nodes are deployed using QEMU version 2.4.

To get the console to work you'll want to make sure you change this setting to 2.12.0:

This setting can only be modified when the switch is offline. So make sure you set the setting when you first deploy it or shut down the switch and modify the setting if it's already deployed. 

• 2.  RE: CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 10:09 AM
    I don't recognize this issue....

- VMware ESXi 6.7U3
    - Eve-NG community edition (latest)

Just click on the switch and SecureCRT pop-up and work perfect.

Note:  there is also a EVE-NG alternative, https://pnetlab.com/. Pnetlab works exactly the same as Eve-NG but have EVE-NG Pro features for free.

Note2: I have recent issues with L2 loops when testing STP. When use vPC's loops will occur and spanning-tree changes every couple seconds. When test with CX switches as endpoints this issue seems not happing, so i moving away from using vPC's.

Note3: Its still a simulator and not anything will work, see release notes.

Hope this help some EVE-NG fans!
    ------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 3.  RE: CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 10:26 AM
    When I set up my EVE-NG Community on ESXi 8.0 and added the switches into my lab environment and tried to console using HTML5 the screen stayed blank. Setting the QEMU to 2.12.0 resolved the issue for me. I understand that maybe this won't apply to all and isn't intended as a mandatory thing to do but I posted as a possible solution for those that might run into a similar situation.

• 4.  RE: CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 10:29 AM
    Thanks for sharing! Appreciated

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 5.  RE: CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

Posted Feb 15, 2023 04:50 PM

Thanks a lot , took me a lot to find this solution 

• 6.  RE: CX Switch EVE-NG Node Configuration (Console not showing)

Posted Feb 16, 2023 01:48 AM

On logon screen you may select HTML or Native console also. 

Arne Opdal