Security Training

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Deploy Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 107 times
  • 1.  Deploy Clearpass

Posted Apr 28, 2023 04:47 AM

Points to consider when a beginner deploy a ClearPass Solutions. I welcome your suggestions and I appreciate in advance.

Cheers,
    Santhosh

• 2.  RE: Deploy Clearpass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2023 07:43 AM

I would recommend taking training, like for the ACCP or the ACP-NS.
    There is also quite some video material out to get you started. Just be aware that you can easily get stuck or create insecure configurations if you don't fully understand the product, and getting a professional in would be recommended, at least for the first deployments.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Deploy Clearpass

Posted May 02, 2023 01:24 PM

Hi. What was happened with self-guided labs for ARUBA?

• 4.  RE: Deploy Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2023 11:01 AM

Self-guided labs are still available. Note that ACCP is retiring and ACP-NS would be the certification going forward, but if you want to learn and not nessesarily get certified, either will work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Deploy Clearpass

Posted May 09, 2023 10:27 AM

Hello Herman,

do you have any videos on Guest access with Cisco WLC and ClearPass?

Thanks,
    Ali

• 6.  RE: Deploy Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2023 05:02 AM

Ali,

No, I don't have a Cisco WLC to test with. I know many customers deployed ClearPass with Cisco WLC, so main difference would be that you use Cisco AVP to return access configuration, instead of Aruba-User-Role and Aruba-User-VLAN.

Further, the approach should be quite similar.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------