Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Detecting Rogue APs - Spoofing

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Detecting Rogue APs - Spoofing

Posted Feb 14, 2024 06:54 AM

Hi,

What are the steps for setting up Rogue detection in Airwave?

I am wanting to add four SSIDs = Staff / Student / Guest / Devices and have Airwave notify me if there is a ROGUE device spoofing these four SSIDs.

Any steps would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to find the correct solution in the documentation.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Detecting Rogue APs - Spoofing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2024 08:58 AM

Did you see this post? With controllers you may need the RFProtect license for that and enable the Valid SSID Misuse signature in the wireless IDS.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Detecting Rogue APs - Spoofing

Posted Feb 18, 2024 05:42 PM

Hi Herman,

The link embedded on the page you sent does not work.

Do you have any instructions on how and what to do?

• 4.  RE: Detecting Rogue APs - Spoofing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2024 04:12 AM

The article is 8 years old and documentation has moved. Here is the current location for the Airwave RAPIDS documentation as of February 2024.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.