Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Device (Switches) is UP but in Airwave showing down

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Device (Switches) is UP but in Airwave showing down

Posted Dec 05, 2022 12:44 PM
    Hello,

I have a problem, I have 5 switchs, they are all up and running when I connect with ssh but in Airwave are down & the weird thing is that all born connected to the switchs are up, the error message is Down (ICMP ping failed (after SNMP get failed)).

Any solution ? thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Device (Switches) is UP but in Airwave showing down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 08:33 AM
    Could it be that there is a firewall or so in between Airwave and your switches, or that routing between Airwave and switches is different from your client where you successfully connected? Depending on the switch you have, there may be management routes needed, and in all cases the switch needs to have a network route to the Airwave server. Can you ping the Airwave from the switch?

You could use the AMPCLI to run ping and traceroute from the Airwave Server to test connectivity as seen from the Airwave server. And you can even do an snmpwalk to verify SNMP from the Airwave.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------