Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

Posted Oct 23, 2023 05:08 AM

I can't add devices, what should I do to get more devices.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2023 05:10 AM

Most probably this means that your device is already subscribed in another Central account. If you have an idea which account, you can ask the owner to unsubscribe the device (and NOT archive them!), then you can request/claim them again.

If you don't know where the device is registered, you can contact Aruba support. They will probably ask you for a proof of purchase and can move the device to your account.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

Posted Oct 23, 2023 05:21 AM
      |   view attached

Can you guide me to register the devices and not archive them,(I have deleted the devices in Aruba Central).

• 4.  RE: Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2023 11:00 AM

Check Aruba Central Onboarding Devices. And more information in the HPE GreenLake Edge to Cloud Platform User Guide.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

Posted Feb 16, 2024 10:09 AM

Dear Rober,

I've the same problem with new devices just delivered from Aruba few days ago.

All order that we done in the last period had the same problem. We lost many time for contact the support and adjust.
    is there any chance to order new device and have them ready for the cloud?

thank you

• 6.  RE: Device(s) with Serial Number: xxxx is blocked or invalid.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2024 10:42 AM

If your device is blocked, you will need to have either the previous owner remove the device from their Central, or if you don't know the previous owner, contact Aruba Support to look up and release the registration.

If you received the device a few days ago from Aruba, it should not be registered unless you received demo/test equipment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------