Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

Posted Sep 19, 2022 11:06 PM
    Despite the fact that I have Force 5GHz enabled, my newly created network broadcasts on 2.4GHz. How can I make a new network (SSID) just for the 5GHz band? Or how do I enable 5GHz in Aruba 555?

I appreciate any help you may give in advance.

Maloni

• 2.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2022 11:21 PM
    Is this an Instant (IAP) AP or a controller-based AP?  If it is instant, you would use the RF band parameter:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/instant/rf-band.htm

Also, what is your regulatory domain and what version of code is this running?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

Posted Sep 20, 2022 12:25 AM
    Thanks, joseph for the prompt reply. I'm using an Instant and I am using it for my testbed in a school lab here in Auckland in New Zealand. 

I already ordered a console cable for the Instant to be able to configure through the command line but for now, I can't do it on the AP GUI.  

Thanks

Maloni 

• 4.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

Posted Sep 20, 2022 12:25 AM
    Thanks, joseph for the prompt reply. I'm using an Instant and I am using it for my testbed in a school lab here in Auckland in New Zealand. 

I already ordered a console cable for the Instant to be able to configure through the command line but for now, I can't do it on the AP GUI.  
    Thanks
    Maloni 

• 5.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2022 07:52 AM
    For IAPs, you should be able to enable a WLAN for a specific band.
    if you want to broadcast a SSID only on 5GHz then choose it from here.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

Posted Sep 20, 2022 10:44 AM
    Force 5GHz doesn't "turn off" 2.4GHz - it just pushes supported clients over to 5GHz when it can.

You can SSH to the virtual controller - you don't need a console cable for accessing the CLI.

ACNSA | ACEA | ACCP | ACMP

• 7.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2022 06:47 PM
    if you want to turn off 2.4GHz radio altogether then you can go it from the WebUI too.
    followed by a reboot.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 8.  RE: different SSID (network) for each 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz

Posted Sep 20, 2022 08:49 PM
    Thanks for the assistance 

I will have a look at it follow the instructions you provided and will get back to you after.

Thanks
    Loni