Security

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Does ClearPass support multiple HTTPS Server Certificates?

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Does ClearPass support multiple HTTPS Server Certificates?

Posted Nov 29, 2022 08:22 PM
    Hi there,

I have a customer who wants to continue to use certificates signed by their own internal CA for Admin and Operator Logins, but use a public CA signed certificate for a new Guest portal.

Is this possible?

Or are all HTTPS functions tied to one HTTPS Server certificate?

------------------------------
    Regards,

Brett V

• 2.  RE: Does ClearPass support multiple HTTPS Server Certificates?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 09:01 PM
    i dont think you can use multiple HTTPS certs for your use case.
    ClearPass will use HTTPS cert for guest/onboard redirection and uses the the same cert for access to CPPM as well.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Does ClearPass support multiple HTTPS Server Certificates?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2022 08:44 AM
    You may vote for SEC-I-1001 on Aruba Innovation Zone (Partners and Aruba employees have access to that). If you have a wildcard certificate or a Multi-SAN, you can call ClearPass on different names, but the HTTPS certificate can only be issued by one CA and is for all HTTPS traffic on a ClearPass Appliance.

What may be a solution is to put the internal signed cert on the publisher, and place a public signed on the subscriber that you deploy for guest purposes. Or alternatively you could place a reverse proxy in front of your ClearPass to achieve a similar thing.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.