Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Double WLAN with no VLAN tagging

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Double WLAN with no VLAN tagging

Posted Jan 16, 2023 10:01 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello, my infrastructure looks like attached image shows. I utilize two WLANs on different subnets (192.168.5.0 and 192.168.11.0) with 2 VLANs (5 and 11). However I had to get rid of tagging in my network. Unfortunatelly now I'm not sure how to be able to connect to router through both VLANS with one cable and no tagging. I have both of my ports set as trunk (one connected to all my switches and APs and one connected to main router), like this:

interface gigabitethernet 0/0/0
    description "GE0/0/0"
    trusted
    trusted vlan 1-4094
    no poe
    switchport mode trunk
    switchport access vlan 5
    switchport trunk native vlan 5
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-4094
    lldp transmit
    lldp receive
    !

If I use VID on my router it works fine but I can't. Any help?

• 2.  RE: Double WLAN with no VLAN tagging

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2023 04:52 PM
    You could create a VLAN that exists only in the Aruba Controller and have a route on your draytek router that points to the controller's ip address as its next hop.  That way, you don't have to put any physical ports on that VLAN.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Double WLAN with no VLAN tagging

Posted Jan 17, 2023 06:23 AM
    @cjoseph Do you mean setting static route for all 192.168.11.0 network traffic to go for new controller ip (for example 192.168.35.20 from 35 VLAN- that exists only on controller)?​

• 4.  RE: Double WLAN with no VLAN tagging

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2023 09:39 AM
    Yes.  You would also have to configure a dhcp server within the controller to give those clients ip addresses.

- Create a VLAN on the controller
    - give the controller an ip address in that VLAN
    - create a dhcp scope on the controller (the default gateway would be ip address of the controller on that VLAN
    - enable the dhcp scope
    - create a WLAN/Virtual AP that puts clients on that VLAN
    - Create a route for that subnet on your router that points to the management ip address of the controller.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card